Friday, August 15, 2008

A Horse is a Horse, Unless it's Fashion of Course.

With Olympic fever sweeping these here United States many of us are wistfully thinking back to the day when we took part in competitive athletics.  For this blogger, there once was a time when all I could think about was horses.  I used to scoff at fashion ( believe it, it's true) and focused completely on riding and training my horse, Sargent Pepper, into a blue ribbon winning machine.  Because of this equine time of my life, I still chuckle a bit when I see "Equestrian Style" trying to stake a claim for fall.  This season it seems to be trying harder than ever to find a place in my closet, but I stand rooted to my claim that this look is stronger in it's natural state.  Don't get me wrong,  I love shrunken blazers, tall boots and skinny pants, but I find this is a case when the parts are stronger then the whole.  Below see a few of my picks and suggestions on how to take the reins on "Equestrian Style" without looking like you just came from the barn.


Rag and Bone blazer at Shopbop.com shown here paired with skinny jeans if fine, but why not try a pair of high waisted wide leg pants to shake things up a bit.

These skinny pants from Vince are great and worn with heeled sandals as shown makes the look more rocker chic than horse-y.
These Steve Madden boots look like they could easily worn in the show ring.  Look for a boot with a slightly higher stacked heel and less rounded toe.

No comments: