Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FitFlops: The Experiment- Week Two Review


WEEK TWO

I have made good on my promise and have been wearing the FitFlops a lot more over the course of last week and I even went so far as to measure the circumference of my thigh so that I can note any changes. However, don't think I'm going to be telling you the before and after measurements, I'm only going to divulge the difference if there is any at the end of the experiment. 
I do have some findings to report which I will list below under pros and cons:

PROS
1) These things are comfy.  Not the most scientific analysis but, if you want science go somewhere else.  I really am enjoying wearing these suckers, they are so squishy and supportive that I feel like I can walk all over the city without my feet getting tired or sore.

2) I'm not 100% sure but, I think I might be feeling the slightest reactions in my leg muscles during wear and after.  I think it's safe to say that my muscles are slightly more engaged when I'm walking around in the FitFlops then in regular sandals or flops. Again, if you want science you're at the wrong blog.

3) Not sure if this is a pro but, I was chatting with another FitFlop wearing woman in a store the other day who was pregnant and even though she didn't think they were working to tone anything, she thought that they may be giving her better support for her lower back than other shoes.

CONS
1) They are not cute.  As much as I am enjoying wearing them, it's a little annoying to be running around NYC with small floatation devices on your feet.

2) They styles for men are really not cute.  My boyfriend has totally abandoned the experiment because he found the flops so unsightly and he's not one to fret about what he wears.  He claims that since he has to wear dress shoes to work every day the FitFlops aren't really something that he can work into his wardrobe.  I understand this fact but, I still think they look more normal on his wider man feet then my dainty little lady feet.

3) I still want more wobble.  I wish these things were a little trickier to walk in, maybe if they had weighted soles or weights you could slip into the soles after a few weeks to pump up the "effects".   It would be nice if you had a way to "graduate" to another level of intensity for further results.

Stay tuned for more on FitFlops as the experiment continues and let me know how your own home tests are going.


No comments: